Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course
The Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course is the absolute best way for a person to experience diving. Great for those who want to try scuba diving in Key West.
- Experience scuba diving without certification
- 2 hours of pool training
- 2 one-tank dives on the coral reef
- Friendly staff
- Low instructor to student ratio
- The best way to experience the reef!
The Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course is the absolute best way for a person to experience diving. With two hours of pool training, you learn the skills to hover weightlessly beneath the surface of crystal blue waters. You will be able to enjoy, explore, and learn from the only living coral reef in the United States.
This tour is sure to become your favorite stop on your tropical Key West vacation. Perfect for the whole family, this tour is both fun and educational. Vacations were made so time could be spent on adventures such as this one. If you visit the Florida Keys without trying this tour, you will have no idea what you are missing!
The Dive-in-a-Day Resort Course includes an entire day full of fun and adventure! You will have your lesson in the pool, then come along for our two-tank, two-location afternoon dive on the beautiful coral reef. Your instructor will be underwater with you throughout your entire diving expedition. As an added bonus, any gear you will need is provided in your tour price. This includes the price of the boat trip, full diving equipment and oxygen tanks.
Great for those of you who always wanted to try scuba diving but do not have time for the certification course. Yes, snorkeling is great, but nothing beats the tranquil and amazing experience of being in the underwater world of the coral reef.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- Equipment and Instruction
- 2 hours of pool training
- 2 one-tank dives on the coral reef
- Participants in the Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course are not scuba certified after their diving instruction
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 48 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- Participants must know basic swimming to participate.
- If participants do not pass the morning pool session and cannot dive on the afternoon charter, they may choose to snorkel.
- There will be no refund if the instructor deems the student unsafe in the ocean. These participants can snorkel or ride along on the afternoon charter.
- Due to scheduling, availability, and staffing, we need 48 hours notice of any changes for instructional courses. Once we are within 48 hours of the scheduled class, the reservation cannot be canceled, is non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given to travelers by the Inside Key West customer support team.
How soon can I fly in an airplane after Scuba diving?
Participants in the Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course cannot fly in an airplane within 24 hours of their dive.
The main concern with scuba diving and flying is decompression sickness (DCS). Your body needs adequate time during an ascent to off-gas excess nitrogen, or you can form bubbles in your bloodstream, possibly leading to DCS.
What are the medical requirements for scuba diving?
A Medical Questionnaire (PDF ⧉) form must be completed by all divers before participating in the Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course.
Please answer your past and present medical history questions with a YES or NO. If you are not sure, answer YES.
If you answer YES to any question, you must consult a physician before participating in scuba diving.
Do I have to know how to swim to do the Key West PADI® Discover Scuba 1-day Resort Course?
Yes. You don’t have to be an Olympic swimmer, but we do require you to pass a swim test at the beginning of the pool session.
What should I wear/bring with me?
Anything you would normally wear/bring to a pool or on a boat. Wear a bathing suit you are comfortable in. Bring a towel, sunscreen, and any refreshments you may want.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course must be canceled due to bad weather, and you cannot go on another day or time, you will be issued a refund by Inside Key West.
Where can I park my car?
If required, parking instructions for the Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course will be included in your confirmation email.
Where is the meeting point for this activity?
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for Key West Dive in a Day Scuba Resort Course will be included in your confirmation email from Inside Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes its way to you!
Key West, Florida
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for will be included in your final confirmation email from Inside Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes it way to you!
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 110 traveler reviews collected by Inside Key West and partner sites such as Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor