Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
Learn about an important part of Florida’s history at the Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum. Explore the wreckage of Spanish galleons and the remnants of cargo ships. Go back in time to the 19th century, when excavating shipwrecks off Key West was a thriving industry. You’ll learn from interactive displays, watch informative video presentations and see real artifacts salvaged from these vessels.
Visit: Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, 1 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040-6634
Your shipwreck voyage begins in 1856, the year the Isaac Allerton sank. On your visit to the Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, view artifacts from this ship, one of the richest shipwrecks in Key West history. Spend hours exploring the remnants of old ships and learning about the fascinating salvage industry through artifacts and interactive exhibits.
Learn about how shipwrecks became a profession that made Key West one of the richest cities in America. See what it was like to work in the dangerous shipwreck scavenge industry back in the mid-19th century, as well what sorts of rewards were reaped. Sift through artifacts and watch informative video presentations as you dive deeper into this fascinating world. Watch actual underwater footage of a shipwreck. And summon all your strength to lift a silver bar salvaged from a Spanish galleon.
Learn the intriguing story of the Isaac Allerton. Many of the treasures throughout the museum were excavated from its watery grave. Find out about the people who struck it rich risking their lives to recover wealth from the sea. Then do as the ship captains once did and climb a 65-foot (20-meter) observation tower for the pinnacle of your museum experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Visit: Historic Tours of America - Key West, Key West, FL 33040
Experience is offered by Historic Tours of America
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6/15/2020 - 9/19/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
- Museum Admission
- Entry/Admission - Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Entry/Admission - Historic Tours of America - Key West
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Inside Key West and TripAdvisor
Absolutely entertaining!! The characters were knowledgable, friendly and professional. Highlight of our time in Key West!!! Absolutely a MUST DO if you're in Key West, the kids will love it!!
In my opinion this was a very cheesy attraction and not worth the money.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-5046SHIP